Registering Sales Leads
What is a lead ?
- a business card or a phone call received from a prospect,
- a contact form on your website,
- a list of contacts to call.
Registering Sales leads
Sales leads can be manually entered of can come in automatically.
Activity step 1: Have manual sales leads
crm app > Pipeline (this screen is on the "dashboard", the default screen you see when starting up the sales app)
The view with columns you see now is called a Kanban view. Hit the top left "+" to create a new lead
Complete the following information:
- Description: why is lead interesting for your company and/or prospect name;
- Contact name (+ company name in case of B2B);
- Phone numbers + email address;
- Some relevant notes about the contact.
- Record a call from the lead. It can be retrieved from the lead.
- Send an email to this contact from the chatter. Use one of your personal addresses.
Activity step 2: Have automatic sales leads
Simulate a customer wanting to contact your business using email. Try following mail addresses (replace of course "edu-ahs-s1-18-t1" with the name of your database):
- You first need to install the contactform on your e-commerce webshop. That requires installing some extra software. Go to the tile "Apps". Remove the apps filter. (hit the x of the apps filter, top right next to the funnel filter symbol)
type in the search field next to the funnel "contact form". Install that component
- If you now go to your webshop, a contact form component should be visible
- Simulate a customer question by entering the webform
Did all the leads come in?
Return to the sales app, and check your pipeline
- A filter might prevent you from seeing the sales lead: delete the filter showing only your leads by hitting the close.
- Use tags to better qualify your lead’s interests.
- When all your leads require further qualiﬁcation from the start, you can skip the Leads step and register the contact directly as an opportunity.
Assign the leads to a sales person
Make sure those leads are now assigned to a salesperson (you can select your own login). By doing so, they will appear in "your pipeline" and associated activities will be your activities. There is a field "Salesperson" in the opportunity form, which has as generic value "sales" when it is not yet assigned.